Transportation Experts Advice Please!

Decorating By Bettyviolet101 Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 6:49pm by AKS

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,
My friend just informed me her wedding is 3 hours away from my house!!! She wants me to do the grooms cake and the wedding cake. They want a grooms cake similiar to this

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1400507 (props to mjs4492 for making this cake!)

My bride wants one more tire on top that is on its side so they can put the cake topper in the middle of the tire. I will probably make this out of rice crispies.

Whats funny is they really don't care much about the wedding cake. Its the grooms cake that is super important to them. Mind you this wedding is a year a way (thank God) I am just getting the wheels turning. I know I will need to do the SPS system for sure, keep the car really really cold, and all that normal stuff but do you have any other advice? Thank you!

4 replies
luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 5

Think about the Cake Safe. Google it and watch the videos. It will take a lot of the stress out of transporting....

Bettyviolet101 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 5

The cake safe looks amazing but I don't have 500 dollars to spend on one. In this cake I would even need two icon_sad.gif

Bettyviolet101 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 5

Or......should I have them pick the cakes up and wish them luck??

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 5

Line the back of your car with the skid-free shelf paper. It will keep the boxes from sliding in the car.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%