Making An Awesome 1 Tier Sweet 16 Cake? Ideas???

Decorating By cfpeoples Updated 4 Aug 2011 , 5:02pm by ForTheLoveOfFrosting

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 4

o.k. i hate to say i have no idea where to start. An aquaintance just called saying that she would like 2 sweet 16 cakes for this saturday (twin girls). One to be 8 inch round, one 8-inch square. She has no idea what she wants them to lok like other than the first one is pink and black, the other is to pink, purple an yellow. The rest of the design is up to me. I wouldn't take these last minute on a weekend i'm already booked, but my household just took a huge blow financially, so i'm not in the position to turn down work. She wants them to be something really great, but sticking with a small cake, i'm not sure where to start. Maybe my brain is too frazzled with other things, but i can't think of anything. Anyone have ideas or photos they would like to share?
Thanks!!

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 4

Why not for the pink and black do it in zebra stripes and the second in leopard with fondant loops on them and maybe wires with stars etc..or a giant maribou feather ontop...teens like that stuff nowadays...do a search for zebra etc..there is lots of colors and styles that are small single tier cakes.

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Kiddiekakes. I drew up some sketches based on your idea, and the mom loved it. I'll post photos this weekend or maybe monday. It's going to be a busy week.

ForTheLoveOfFrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ForTheLoveOfFrosting Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 4

I was just going to suggest zebra/pink... icon_smile.gif Can't wait to see pics...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%