Bubble Problem With My Wilton Sets

Baking By Announa Updated 1 Aug 2011 , 10:55pm by Announa

Announa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Announa Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site & to the cake decoration in general & wanted really advice on an issue I've....

I got 2 Wilton sets (the heart & the petal shapes) & whenever I bake in them, I always always find an empty bubble space!!! this air bubble is always on the lower side of the cake!! I tried everything 4m changing the cake mixes to temperature adjustments & still that vacant space haunts me icon_sad.gif

The weird thing is that when I bake in any other non-stick pans (like T-Fal or Calphalon) the cakes come out beautiful & even with no bubbles!!

Anyone could help with this?? it's really frustrating after paying so much in them & getting a lousy result everytime :'(

Thank you all in advance for your help

3 replies
Announa Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 4

no one to help?? icon_redface.gificon_sad.gif

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 4

Don't know if this will help or not but here is my method...

I always either grease and flour my cake or use bakers joy, my home ec teacher told me many years ago that this was important because grease alone would keep the cake from rising around the edges and would make it dome more in the middle. She said "How would you like to climb up a greased wall?", the flour gives it something to hold on to.

I drop spoonfulls of batter all around the outside edges of the cake pan and let them come into the center. Then after I have my batter in there, I swirl it around and make it 'stick' to the edges of the pan.

After I have it ready to go into the oven, I kind of tap the pan on top of the stove to let the air bubbles rise to the surface and I bake it.

I have the heart set but also many of the character pans and I think the swirl method helps it even out in the pan.

Hopefully someone who has a little more experience than me will send in an answer too. Keep on Cakin!

Announa Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks dear for ur reply --/-@ icon_smile.gif

I always always do ur way of butter & flour& tapping.... all my cakes come out great (but that's as I said when using the non-stick) except with my Wilton sets (which I love their shapes sooooooooooo much) icon_sad.gif

wish me luck coz I'm gonna give them a try one more time before I give up using them at all specially after one was ruined in my dishwasher upper rack :'( :'(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%