Help With Jennifer Dontz Pearl Clay

Baking By sugarprincess Updated 1 Aug 2011 , 1:31am by JenniferMI

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 5

I just made the first step of the pearl clay ( melt merkens superwhite chocolate and add 1 cup of corn syrup ) It is resting to firm up right now but it is so oily.
I think that I probably over mixed it. This is the last of the merkens chocolate I have and I really don't want to throw this out. Can it be saved?

4 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 12:21am
post #2 of 5

You probably did over stir it. The liquid that came out will solidify so I'm thinking yes, it will be ok. Just follow the directions and proceed from there with it. It's best not to over stir it, but I don't think it's not usable if you do. Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions on this. I'm happy to try and help.

Sweet regards,

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 12:54am
post #3 of 5

The white chocolate has alot more cocoa butter in it, which separates when you make chocolate clay. Use a paper towel to absorb it and it will be fine.

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:30am
post #4 of 5

Thank-you Jennifer and Dani. I ended up soaking the oil up with some paper towels and let it harden. I have now added the fondant and will let it rest overnight to harden again. I think that it will be ok.

I am so excited to use this for my pressed lace pieces for a wedding cake I am making. Jennifer makes it look so easy on her DVD.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:31am
post #5 of 5

Pearl clay is SO nice with lace presses! Let me know if it works out ok?
You can roll them much thinner and they are strong, too. This makes for a more natural looking lace.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%