Practice Makes Perfect

Decorating By ashleyyc7 Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 7:12pm by pusskin

ashleyyc7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyyc7 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 6

so I want to keep practicing my cake decorating skills but I dont want to keep having to bake an actual cake. I have heard styrofoam works great as a cake dummy. Are there any other things I could try?

5 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 6

You can use an upside down cake pan.

pusskin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pusskin Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 6

If you are practising flat piping then a clean tile or piece of Teflon matting will do fine. For in the round a cake tin or biscuit barrel anything really that is vaguely cake shaped and washable. I have been known to tape greaseproof paper to the side of an in use biscuit barrel to practises my piping.

Can I be horrid and quibble with your heading? that is a phrase I have been banned from using by my youngest. She insists - practises makes better because only God is perfect.

Yours aye
Puss

ashleyyc7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyyc7 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 6

an upside down cake pan is a really good idea! or biscuit tin would be good too. Thank you(: and @pusskin, that made me laugh. It's actually very true!!

Bri122005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bri122005 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 6

Can I be horrid and quibble with your heading? that is a phrase I have been banned from using by my youngest. She insists - practises makes better because only God is perfect.

You've got a very smart little girl! Love it!

pusskin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pusskin Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the kind words she's a pretty sharp cookie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%