I Need Help!! Questions!

Decorating By alsearer Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 4:19pm by Foolhardyheroes

alsearer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alsearer Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 2

I have 2 cakes coming up this next weekend and I need to start now in order to get them done. I've been having some difficulties soo in everyone's expert opinion should I freeze my cakes frosted or un frosted? Filled or not? Also what can I use to paint on fondant? Something I can buy at wal mart or michaels?? I plan to lay vertical stripes on a cake but would rather paint them on so I can pipe with royal icing over the top. I'm worried if I used fondant stripes it would cause ridges in my royal icing branches? Had a cake disaster yesterday so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible!!! Thanks soooo much!!!! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
Foolhardyheroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foolhardyheroes Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 2

I always had the same issue... time is always my worst enemy!... so something I started doing is after I bake... I let them cool JUST long enough that I can plop them out of the pans and then I wrap the heck out of them with plastic wrap! And put them in the freezer. And actually I assume because you wrap it so soon after baking the plastic keeps the moisture in the cake. I've never left the cake in the freezer for more than 2 days. But I've NEVER had a complaint about taste! I don't frost fill or cut the cake... infact when its frozen... its easier for me to cut... especially with sculpted cakes.just make sure that the cake is sitting out plenty of time before you deliver!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%