Martha Stewart Cricut Cake Machine

Decorating By BeachHouseBakery Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 8:34pm by bonniekaye

BeachHouseBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeachHouseBakery Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and I make cupcakes in Bristol, UK.

I'm coming over to the US at the end of August and would love to get one of these machines but cannot for the life of me see on the Cricut website where I can buy one!

Would anyone have any tips on where in Chicago I can find one please? I'm also interested in where I can buy other cake decorating supplies in the area.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Thanks

Alison

7 replies
DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 8

I think the only place you can get them anymore is Big Lots. There are several locations in the Chicago area (which you can find on their web site).

You might want to look into the Silhouette, which is also very popular. It's also available at stores in and around Chicago. The biggest benefit of going with the Silhouette is it's compatibility with third party software.

BeachHouseBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeachHouseBakery Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 8

Hi DSmo,

Thanks for your reply.

The Silhouette sounds interesting. As you need to hook it up to a computer do you happen to know if it's MAC compatible and whether you can buy icing sheets to go in it?

Also, I can't find a website that shows it anywhere (I'm probably looking for the wrong thing!), any tips?

Thanks

Alison

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 8

JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts is a major supplier that I think is nation wide. I purchased mine on Amazon.com and got a better price.

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 8

They just had the regular Cricut Cake (not the Martha Stewart version) on clearance at Jo-Ann's craft store for $125. I've seen it go on ebay for even less. Is there an address in Chicago you'd be able to have it shipped to?

Here's the Martha Stewart one for sale on cricut.com
http://www.cricut.com/shop/#3/60/1349/3/CricutCake/The Cricut Cake Electronic Cutter Martha Stewart Crafts Edition

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachHouseBakery

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and I make cupcakes in Bristol, UK.

I'm coming over to the US at the end of August and would love to get one of these machines but cannot for the life of me see on the website where I can buy one!

Would anyone have any tips on where in Chicago I can find one please? I'm also interested in where I can buy other cake decorating supplies in the area.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Thanks

Alison

There is a reason the cricut cake is being discontinued! I would invest in a Silhouette. You will be able to do so much more with it. Check out Linda McClures web site for more information.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 8

BeachHouseBakery, here is the Silhouette website, and yes, it is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and higher :

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/silhouette.aspx

The suggestion to go to Linda's website is a good one too. Here it is, remove the spaces: www dot creative designs cakes dot com

I love my Silhouette and especially the print and cut feature. Personally, I use the icing sheets from Icing Images, but am sure others, where ever you can buy them in the UK would also work just fine.

bonniekaye gave you good advice, you can do so much more with the Silhouette and no cartridges to buy.

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 8:34pm
post #8 of 8

The Silhouette is also coming out with a 12" wide machine.
This will be helpful to people who cut 12" wide scrapbook paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%