Coloring Mmf

Baking By singsing Updated 1 Aug 2011 , 7:47pm by singsing

singsing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singsing Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 3

In the past when coloring store bought fondant the color has darkened over time. Now when using mmf the color always seems to fade. With the last few cakes it didn't matter that much, now I need a dandelion yellow and the bride really wants to make sure it is a warm yellow color.

What coloring works best for mmf and any suggestions for a good dandelion yellow?

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:06am
post #2 of 3

Has yellow been a color that has faded for you? I ask because the colors that usually fade are the ones that have pink mixed in to get the color, so this includes pinks, some blues, violet, peach and anything else that has pink in it. I've heard Americolor fades less than some others, but since I can't get that brand, I'm not speaking from first-hand experience. For dandelions, I think a mixture of lemon yellow and egg yolk yellow, plus a little Americolor gold (I DID get my hands on that one once) would be nice.

singsing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singsing Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you, yes the colors that I usually make are pinks. I haven't done yellows a lot. I picked up some americolors today. It does look like the color I'm shooting for is in between those two. I'll do a test this week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%