Retro Sweet Cupcakes

Baking By Chala86 Updated 1 Aug 2011 , 5:45am by scp1127

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 4

I really want to make some cupcakes based on retro sweets - cola bottles,gummy bears, nerds, fried eggs etc - but I don't know where to start. I'd like to be able to incorperate the sweet flavours into the cupcake but have no idea how to go about it and I'd like to put popping candy into the frosting. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might go about this? Would the popping candy still have its pop once mixed into the frosting? Look forward to hearing your ideas.

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:10am
post #2 of 4

I love this idea, but am at a loss as to how to help you - wish I could, though, because it sounds REALLY cool! About the popping candy, I think it's humidity that sets them off, so you probably couldn't mix them into the frosting and hope they'd pop when people ate them. Maybe if you just set them on top right before you served them? I guess this is something you'd have to try before you actually committed to it!

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:34am
post #3 of 4

I just recently read a thread where somebody mentioned mixing pop rocks into frosting and, them not popping until eaten because the frosting protected them.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 5:45am
post #4 of 4

I can only help on one flavor. I make a Coca Cola cupcake with the poured icing in a tulip cup. I top it with a Gummi Coke bottle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%