Help Different Flavord Cakes How To Make It Look Uniform

Decorating By Leikeilana Updated 3 Aug 2011 , 1:52am by Leikeilana

Leikeilana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leikeilana Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone: we have a request for a lemon, orange, coconut and chocolate ganache cakes, 8,10,12 and 14 inch. Any ideas of how they can remain in their essence colors yet look uniformed. They will sit on separate stands and to top it off the brides color is blue and she wants an elegant look. (HMMM) All i can think of is a Tropical look. If anyone has done anything similar to this, I would appreciate if you could share this with me.
thanks for your help[/b]

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 2:19am
post #2 of 5

This is one time I would tell the bride no can do. I don't see how you can do lemon/yellow, orange, white(coconut) and choco (unless you use white choco) and still incorporate blue.
The shade of blue will matter some. If it is a light, baby blue you could make a flower either the whole flower or the center in that color. But if it's more like BLUE! or navy you're in trouble icon_smile.gif
Other than asking for elegance has she given you *any* idea of a look she wants?
One of my favorite decorating techinques is cornelli lace. Maybe make the basic yellow & orange very pale, and white tier then pipe cornelli in white all over it? Maybe a thin ribbon in blue around either the bottom or center of the cake?
This is a hard one!

Leikeilana Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 4:44am
post #3 of 5

thanks for your help. I was thinking along the same lines, cornelli lace, same color for all the cakes.....But we have told her it wont be an elegant theme...it will be a tropical one. Shes ok with it...
thank goodness.
thanks Kakeladi

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 5:14am
post #4 of 5

If you could change the order to white/coconut, yellow/lemon, orange, brown ganache. The color flow would be natural and I think could still be elegant. They are beautiful fall colors that go well together.

So you could move away from tropical and go fall. Or find a way to treat each color in an elegant way.

Any blue that was incorporated i think would have to change value from the white tier to the chocolate tier. I don't think one value would do it well. But you could get the blue in there.

Leikeilana Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:52am
post #5 of 5

thanks Mathew that is true as well. "Think fall"....
Lets see how it turns out....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%