Ideas For "boy Bug Themed" Cake Balls/pops Help Pl

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 11:03pm by BakeLoveMom

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I got a last minute order from a new customer, but she is extremely nice and I want to do this for her. On top of it, it might lead to a job offer (long explaination in a diff. field) so needless to say, I want to wow her. Her little boy is turning 3 and loves bugs...spiders, beatles,so on. I have some ideas, I want them to be cutesy bugs, not necessarily realistic but I am having a hard time deciding if the ball should be the bug or if I should somehow mold the bugs and adhere them to the balls...like the ball would be the grass or leaf and then what would I mold it out of that tastes good...choc. paste? Or if the bug was the ball that could work for a boy colored ladybug or bees...possibly a catapillar...but then I think grasshoppers and that would be too detailed to do I think. Basically I feel like I am running in circles and would love any help or input. Thanks so much,
Sarah

2 replies
Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 3

I found these bug cake pops and think they are so cute! Maybe it will inspire you?

http://eyeballsbydaycraftsbynight.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/fun-favors-lady-bug-and-bumble-bee-cake-pops/

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much...I love their wings icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%