How Much Shoul I Charge For This Cake??

Decorating By brandsyjo Updated 29 Jul 2011 , 3:24am by CupcakeQT82

brandsyjo Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 1:24am
post #1 of 3

Wedding in september they want it to be only 3 tier and two of the tiers as dummies? and real flowers. just want to make sure my price is fair! thanks for your help! oh and how much would you charge for just simple fondant flowers for cupcakes? kinda like the smallest flowers in the picture?
ps. this is a pic of what they are wanting not the actual cake.. will post later!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WOu-PY9W3lk/TNCLWHFZ5AI/AAAAAAAADnI/7cUfmfolN9U/s1600/Black+white+cake+pink.jpg

2 replies
vgray Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 1:49am
post #2 of 3

I know I have read that a lot of people charge 80-100% for dummies cake. (if you would charge $100 for that tier then the dummy would be between $80-$100) As far as as fondant flowers on for cupcakes; I don't know what the cost of supplies and time are for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

CupcakeQT82 Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 3:24am
post #3 of 3

It would be around $300 for me at most. . . since most of the cakes are dummies. I am careful when I let someone add a dummy because I don't want to be making them sheet cake to compensate for the dummies, KWIM? I have a similar cake I am doing NEXT September for a wedding and there's also lots of hand-piped writing all around it and the bottom layer only is dummy. My quote for her is $390. (I am a beginner so I charge around $2/serving or $2.25 if fondant covered)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%