Storing A Decorated Cake

Decorating By cakevik Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 5:57am by madcobbler

cakevik Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:20am
post #1 of 4

I'm sure this question has been answered thousand of times...sorry for asking again.

I think I made a big mistake. I said I could make a cake for a Sunday party but and going away on Friday. Honestly I thought today was's ONLY Wednesday.

I completely finished the cake tonight. It is just a large sheet cake. It is a pudding and fresh strawberry filling and a buttercream frosting with some small fondant cutouts.

My question should I store this until Sunday morning. Or did I totally make a HUGE mistake??

I don't have a cake box ... the cake is too long.

3 replies
angelleyes Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:36am
post #2 of 4

Because of the pudding and the strawberry .. It needs to be put in the frig.. I would go get a cake box and make room somehow... I have pulled out a rack in my frig to make room.. If not maybe you have a friend or who ever the cake is for could store it for u... Or maybe even in the freezer.. just take it out in time enough to get it to room temp before the party. They sell big cake boxes big enough for it

cakevik Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:43am
post #3 of 4

i put it in the fridge unwrapped for tonight. it is so late :/ I will run to the store tomorrow afternoon (sadly can't go before then) and get a box. I really hope it doesn't get ruined!

madcobbler Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:57am
post #4 of 4

Even if you can't get a cake box that fits the cake maybe you can get a free box from the grocery store and cut off the top to make it fit and cover it with plastic wrap. I would probally freeze it so it wouldn't get stale. It definitely should be refridgerated and wrapped well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%