I Want It To Taste Like Walmarts..........

Decorating By louanne Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 7:59pm by louanne

louanne Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 7

i swear this is the weeks of the crazies for me. I pride myself on making very ubique flavors. we often have people want to create a whole new flavor. no big deal, you want crushed up bertie bots in your cake, you got it, want a beer bacon and cheese cake? no problem, cant gaurantee it will taste awesome, these are just a couple of examples of request we have done.. but our clients know if you can dream it most likely we can make it, we picked out all the vomit flavored bertie bots beans crushed them into icing for a client wanting to play a prank.

But today i get a girl wanting me to make a custom cake, and her words were, i know you can do custom flavors, so i want mine to taste just like walmarts cake. I had to politely tell her that is one flavor i cannot do, so she would have to go to walmart if she wanted her cake to taste like a walmart cake.

ahhhh, one more crazy person and i am taking a vacation...not really but it sure would be nice!

6 replies
Dizzymaiden Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 7

hahha - that is a first in my book!

kimmisue2009 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 7

Great. Now I'm craving Wal-Mart cake.

Curtsmin24 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 7

wow! icon_surprised.gif How did you contain your laughter? My sis in law loves walmart cake and refuses any other. I cant even stand the smell of the icing.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 7

Eew. icon_wink.gif

louanne Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisue2009

Great. Now I'm craving Wal-Mart cake.

haha the taste of walmarts cake does not just appaul me, but the fact that is has been frozen for a while and when you look at the expiration dates on the cakes they are usually several weeks away so i dont want to buy a cake that could have been sitting in the cooler for two weeks. if you want a cake to taste like walmart go get one, now if you want a vomit flavored cake,,,,,come see me icon_wink.gif

louanne Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsmin24

wow! icon_surprised.gif How did you contain your laughter? My sis in law loves walmart cake and refuses any other. I cant even stand the smell of the icing.

i just shake my head at people sometimes, some people do really love them, for me i know it has to be loaded with chemicals and preservatives. i bake from scratch, i am one of those that reads labels, i like to know what i am putting in my body.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%