Local Bakery Closed :(

Business By ConfectionsCC Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 3:53pm by ConfectionsCC

ConfectionsCC Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 9

A local bakery that had 3 different locations shut its doors for good this summer icon_sad.gif As much as I hate to see that, I am in the process of stocking up my new little home kitchen and could use some used equipment!! I do not want to try and call them and just be like "oh, sorry to hear ya'll shut down, can I buy your stuff!?" LOL! Even thought that is pretty much what it is...ANYWAYS....does anyone know how I might find out information on if they will be selling their equipment? I feel bad for them, but I am still very small and can't afford to buy new!! icon_redface.gif

8 replies
ranae5463 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 9

One thought would be to contact the realtor listing the property, if the property is on the market. Not all businesses are the same kind of business when sold. Do you know the owners? It would also depend on the situation.

ranae5463 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 9

Also - in terms of equipment, have you checked ebay or craigslist or similar websites? I see all the time used equipment on there.

KoryAK Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 9

Go ahead and call. They might just welcome an easy avenue to do some liquidation!

AngelGirl123456 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 9

icon_sad.gif

ConfectionsCC Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranae5463

Also - in terms of equipment, have you checked ebay or craigslist or similar websites? I see all the time used equipment on there.

Yep! Keep my eye out all the time on those sites icon_smile.gif Only problem with ebay, most of the time you have to pay like freight shipping, which means I couldn't get it up here at the house! I am keeping my eye out,so is my FIL! I already bought a double convection wall oven for just $400 from a little old lady who NEVER used it off craigslist! Hoping to find some more deals like that!

bakingpw Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 9

When my bakery was closing, my business partner and I did not want to go to the other cake decorator in town, because of our pride, but we did want to sell some of our equipment. As it happens, that person called us, and after telling us she was sad that we were leaving, gently asked if we minded if she look at some items we might be selling. She bought a lot of things and relieved us of the burden.

So...go ask, but be kind and sensitive as this is a HARD time for the bakery owners.

Spuddysmom Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 9:32pm
post #8 of 9

After checking out the "public auction" notices in the classifieds, I picked up some goodies from a local kitchen business. It was interesting to see how many hopeful new business owners were bidding and sad for the folks who had gone under. Before I went,I priced items on ebay and craigslist so I knew how much to bid. There were some amazing good deals - if you needed large equipment, some of the smaller items actually went for the same price or more than new - auctions can be tricky.
Sorry for the owners of your local bakery.

ConfectionsCC Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 3:53pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingpw

When my bakery was closing, my business partner and I did not want to go to the other cake decorator in town, because of our pride, but we did want to sell some of our equipment. As it happens, that person called us, and after telling us she was sad that we were leaving, gently asked if we minded if she look at some items we might be selling. She bought a lot of things and relieved us of the burden.

So...go ask, but be kind and sensitive as this is a HARD time for the bakery owners.

I am very sad! Everyone in the community is! They had something very different that people in this town had never seen. The entire company shut down, they had 3 bakery locations, as well as a large catering biz...I think they just got too big for a small town icon_sad.gif
All the phones are disconnected to the bakery locations...having a hard time finding out just HOW to get in touch with the owners!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%