Princess And The Frog Wedding Cake

Decorating By pastrygirls Updated 29 Jul 2011 , 8:12pm by KristyCakes

pastrygirls Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 6

ok, so this is an odd request. i've been asked to do a cake for my ex-fiance whos getting married in october. i am still good friends with his family and sisters, but haven't talked to him in almost 7 yrs. my husband is ok with me making the cake, so i asked how many people, design, flavors etc before i jump in. i was told it was going to be in a backyard, so expected about 50-75 people. oh no....150 people! AGH. now, i bake prosfessionally at a hotel so, i do wedding cakes for work all the time. but baking at home is a whole different ballgame. i dont have any of my tools at home, or pans etc.

so for the design they want a princess and the frog theme. the are thinking purple and hunter green. they have a topper, but are cool with any other ideas that i have. this cake lands right in the middle of a VERY busy wedding season at work. so now that i know how big of a cake i'm looking at, i'm a little hesitant to do the cake.

so looking for some fun, simple ideas to make this cake special for a wedding, but not kiddy and cheesy. Thanks for the help icon_surprised.gif)

5 replies
pastrygirls Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:39am
post #2 of 6

thinking of doing 5 small cakes for the base, decorated like lillipads, then make a 3 tier cake ontop of that. bottom tier decorated with grass and cattails, then second tier green base with purple swirls, and not sure about top tier. i dont know what the topper looks like. any ideas???????

madcobbler Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:03am
post #3 of 6

Some water lillies would be nice for flowers, you could do one tier blue for the water, and some dragonflies floating above from wires.

ayerim979 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:24am
post #4 of 6

Well I googled and found this. Its seems like a very nice cake. Maybe this can inspire you. the creater is Wild Cakes. I apologize if the image is too large.

pastrygirls Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 6

thanks for the ideas....its getting the creative juices flowing. icon_smile.gif

KristyCakes Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 6

I think a lily would be a great topper. I've got a princess and the frog cake in my photos that would be perfect for a wedding. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%