Bronwen Webers Man Stand....need Help!

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 6:35pm by Kellbella

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 6

I can not for the life of me figure out how to attach the cake support plate with the dowel that they provided. The man is assembled..easy part. It says to secure the cake support plate with the dowel...how? The plate is resting on the "legs" but it is wobbly. I have no idea what they mean... does anyone have this and if so HELP!!! Thanks in advance.

5 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 6

In my stand, there is a hole drilled from front to back in the pvc fitting just above where the plate sits. The dowel goes there and keeps the plate from tipping forward or back. The cake sits right on top of the dowel. The second time I used my stand, I had to sub a piece of a chop stick for the dowel, and I needed to "shim" the chopstick with a round toothpick to hold it steady.

Kellbella Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 6

THANK YOU - THANK YOU- THANK YOU !!!! You are a lifesaver!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Kellbella Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 6

One more ?.....is the hole in the cake support plate supposed to be off centered? Mine is not in the middle. icon_confused.gif

One more...so I need to cover the styrofoam head with anything to keep it from getting soiled or discolored from the fondant?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 6

The hole is off-center. You can give your figure a fuller belly or a more bountiful butt depending on which way you place the plate. You do not need to cover the head "egg" if you don't want to. I use shortening to help the fondant or candy clay stick, and it peels off beautifully when I want to remove it. I have used a regular styrofoam egg from Michael's and just poked a hole in it where it fits on the neck - that way, I could give the recipient his head on a platter and not worry about my "good head form" LOL.

Kellbella Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you soooo much! You have been more than helpful and I truly appreciate it! I am going to make General Ackbar...a Star Wars character with this stand....wish me luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%