Cameo Mold

Decorating By Lili5768 Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 3:25am by Lili5768

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:39am
post #1 of 7

I'm so disappointed! icon_cry.gif I received a cameo mold I had ordered and it turns out to be so much smaller than I had anticipated! Useless almost except for cupcakes maybe. And I can't seem to find a nice large one, at least 2 to three inches tall. and I was so looking forward to this particular mold.

Can any of you beautiful cakers recommend a reputable company that carries cameo molds? Thank you in advance.

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:53am
post #2 of 7

How big is the one you have, and where did you purchase that one. We can help look for a bigger one. I do have one, i will look for it.

K1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
K1976 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:56am
post #3 of 7

Check out MoldMuse from Etsy, another caker posted a link to their site yesterday. They even make molds to your specification. HTH

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:00am
post #4 of 7

If the one you got is just the cameo, you can go to Decorate the cake .com (take out the spaces) and they have cameo settings which you can make to enhance the size of the cameo.

Lili5768 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:21am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

How big is the one you have, and where did you purchase that one. We can help look for a bigger one. I do have one, i will look for it.

I got it from Global in my order that I received today. It's from First Impressions but it was the only size they had. I made one as soon as it came and the finished cameo is exactly only one inch. it also has few cavities for smaller half inch cameos, but they come out kind of distorted. I want one that I can put on the sides of a cake so at least two to three inches tall. Yhank you for responding. I'll appreciate any help.

Lili5768 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:24am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1976

Check out MoldMuse from Etsy, another caker posted a link to their site yesterday. They even make molds to your specification. HTH

Oh thank you! Will do that!

Lili5768 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:25am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

If the one you got is just the cameo, you can go to Decorate the cake .com (take out the spaces) and they have cameo settings which you can make to enhance the size of the cameo.

Thanks so much! that sounds like a good idea! Will check it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%