Cake For Memorial

Decorating By ReneeFLL Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 1:48pm by ReneeFLL

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:41am
post #1 of 5

Hi All,
I had a friend die unexpectedly. We are going to have a small gathering for him and I have decided to make a cake. The problem is I have no ideas as to what I should do. I prefer to work with fondant.
TIA
Renee

4 replies
Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:55am
post #2 of 5

Lovely idea. If he had a particular hobby e.g. fishing - base your theme on that.

Or, if he had favourite flowers, use those to decorate it.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:03am
post #3 of 5

I love the idea of cakes at memorials. All too often they are too plain and somber ... I always make my blueberry bundt cake...so often they call it my "wake cake" around here.

What I'd really like to make is a joyous cake...something breathtakingly beautiful to celebrate a life even when it's far too short.

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:32am
post #4 of 5

I love this cake that this member did.. It is for a Yankees fan who pased away, but love the way they did the pentans with the special terms on them.. Friend, Son, etc.. Maybe you can do something like this? Sorry about your loss

http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1878776

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replies. I do want to make it a "happy" cake. I thought about making it about something that he loved which was being on his boat. Unfortunately he died due to an explosion and fire on the boat so I really don't want to do a boat cake. I do now think that I have an idea as of what to do. I just need to think about it some more. I love the Yankee cake, but he was not into sports.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%