Amazing Wedding Cakes And Edible Gold

Decorating By nanefy Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 1:55am by QTCakes1

nanefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanefy Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 7

So, I got totally hooked on Amazing Wedding Cakes season 4 a while back and decided to buy season 3 and I'm going to work my way backwards. I have to say that season 4 was amazing but season 3 is pretty rubbish. Christopher Garren is the main highlight of season 3, with the cake girls coming a close'ish second. However, Merci Beaucoup and Cake Alchemy..........................well I'm not kidding, there is NOTHING amazing about their cakes! Some of the cakes I have been utterly mortified by, for example the day of the dead cake that Cake Alchemy made in season 3 - SHOCKINGLY BAD!!!!!

Anyway, apart from all of that, Merci Beaucoup use an edible gold to paint their fondant with that looks AMAZING (that is the only amazing part lol). My gold dust is rubbish, it's streaky and fake looking. Does anyone know what brand it is at all?

Here is a picture of it (took a screen shot of it):

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 7

I am sorry no idea, but have you try using gold spray?

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 7

http://www.nycake.com/hightlightgold.aspx

This is the ONLY stuff that will give you a real dipped in gold look. I love this stuff. It's not edible though, so only on decos which won't be eaten.

AnotherCaker Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 7

Oh, that and real gold leaf, which you'll drop some cash for. Observe: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006GSQYK/?tag=cakecentral-20

Hmm. Well that's not too bad, I wasn't expecting that low of a price. Might have to start stocking it.

AnotherCaker Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 7

And I'll be willing to bet that picture you posted up there with that HUGE amount of gold whatever, it ain't edible.

nanefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanefy Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:29am
post #6 of 7

Christopher Garren also uses a gold that is like that - if it aint edible, the two bakeries were slapping it all over the cakes.

Ron ben israel uses 22 carat gold and above and it is edible so long as it's 22 and above, so is the gold highlighter real gold?

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:55am
post #7 of 7

Gold leaf is edible in moderation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%