Molded Chocolate

Sugar Work By jen4230 Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 7:14pm by gscout73

jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Does anyone know how long you can store molded chocolate? and how to store it properly? I am making an all chocolate gravestone and other creepy crawlys and I want to start them now but am wondering if its to early. I won't need them until August 6 and some on the 5th. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. icon_redface.gif

4 replies
luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 5

I would make them a couple of days before. and I would store them in air tight container on the counter.

jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you Luvlaugh. I'm hoping they won't melt in this heat. but I have 3 cakes that need to be done in a 2 day span so I'm hoping they will last. I though maybe put them in the fridge....

luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 5

You're welcome. I hope everythings turns out ok.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 5

You don't want to store molded chocolates in the fridge. It will breakdown the chocolate. For an example, buy a hershey bar and put in fridge for a couple of weeks. You will see it will begin by turning white, then eventually will become crumbly.

If you are looking to make Halloween choc treats, I suggest no more than a couple of weeks stored air tight (double ziploc in tupperware, lol) in air conditioning, not fridge.

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%