Fondant Toppers For Cupcakes

Baking By lschmitz05 Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 2:03pm by kimmisue2009

lschmitz05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lschmitz05 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 4

When making cupcakes and using fondant toppers... do you make them so they can be eaten or make them in advance and not have people eat them?

3 replies
BurnsyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BurnsyJ Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 4

I make them to be eaten. I do make them a day or two in advance, but then I cover them until it's time to assemble. I like to say that everything is edible.

pettmybunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pettmybunny Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 4

I make mine to be eaten. I work on them throughout the week, and they are still soft on the weekend. I put them in a plastic sealed display and take them to the farmers market, where they are on display, and the person buying the cupcake can pick the topper they want. BTW, I use Duff's fondant, and it stays soft forever! I've not been doing toppers the last couple of weeks, and some that I had left from last time are still soft icon_eek.gif I'll probably eat one, just to see if it's ok, but I don't know why it wouldn't be, since it's in a sealed display...

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 4

For me, it's typically dependent on whether the cupcakes are for children or adults. Most adults shy away, or that's at least what I have found, but you cannot keep the kids from eating them. I recently had a pack of them eat a fondant/gumpaste topper that was hard as a rock!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%