How Far In Advance Can You Make Fondant Decorations?

Decorating By pammylynn Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 2:07pm by TexasSugar

pammylynn Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 3:06am
post #1 of 4

I'm contemplating making a few fondant decorations for a cake for this weekend. Butterflies and such. Simple things because I'm new at it. Anyway....how far in advance can I make them and have them still look perfect (well, as perfect as I'm going to get them LOL ) on the cake? I'm pressed for time this weekend and have two big orders. So, I want to do as much of the decorations and such ahead of time as possible and not have to be fiddling at the last minute to get things right.

Thanks in advance for the help!

3 replies
cakestyles Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 3:11am
post #2 of 4

I've made them as far as 2 to 3 weeks in advance as long as you store them out of direct sunlight they'll be fine.

If you need to keep them soft, store them in a covered plastic container.

pammylynn Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 3:30am
post #3 of 4

Oh wow! Yeah!! Thank you for sharing! I'm good to make them tomorrow then. Then I'll have plenty of time for mess ups!!

You are very much appreciated!!
God bless!

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 4

If it is something I need to be able to bend, like place around the curve of a round cake, then I made it fresh to go on the cake.

If it is something that needs to be dried into a shape or something you want to hold a certain shape, then do it ahead of time. Stores in a cake box, that will allow it to breathe, but keep dust off of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%