Where To Find Decorating Classes

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 2:55pm by Wildgirl

Wildgirl Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:41am
post #1 of 8

It's not looking good for the fondant class next month - no one is even signed up yet. I checked JoAnn's and they happen to have it on a night that is impossible for me. So - any suggestions? Where else can I get a good fondant class?

7 replies
coleslawcat Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:48am
post #2 of 8

Is it a Michael's class that isn't going to make it? I know Hobby Lobby also offers them. A local baking supply store in our area also does them.

dascakeclass Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:51am
post #3 of 8

It would help if you posted your location.

jukesbox Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:59am
post #4 of 8

On the Wilton website you can find classes in your area. On the left navigation bar, click on classes. That link will take you to the Wilton Classes page. In the "local Wilton method courses" box click on "Search for locations".

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 8

This time of year, to me, is hard to get classes to make. Talk to the WMI to see when she thinks she would have another Gum Paste Fondant come up. It may be that she will have students going on into Flowers & Cake Design this coming month, and will possible have enough the following month for the Gum Paste class.

Wilton Classes are suppose to be scheduled the first full week of the month. So the August classes are due to start the week of Aug 7th. That's almost two weeks away. There could be people that sign up.

There could also be people like you that go up there or call up there and ask, see that no one has signed up and decide not to sign up. What if 4 other people have done the same thing? I think sometimes someone just needs to be the first to sign up and it is amazing how that could get others to sign up.

I've had people tell me before that they didn't sign up because there wasn't enough, and I hate it when I have several that do it for the same class, but that I have to cancel it because I didn't have enough signed up when I needed to call the class.

Wildgirl Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:41pm
post #6 of 8

The class that probably won't be "a go" is just at a local art instruction studio - done by a woman that learned wilton and has done cakes for years - not an official Wilton instructor. The woman that runs the place keeps track of interest, and only one woman had even inquired of the 2nd class, and no one but me for the 3rd. So, I may have to check Michaels times - I hadn't thought of them - and we have a Hobby Lobby not to far away either, so maybe that could work.

Oh, and I'm in South Central WI.

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 8

Okay, I just thought it was at a craft store. Do check out the other options. Hope you find one with times that fits for you.

Wildgirl Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%