susies1955 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 9:50pm

Could I get some advice on what would be the best rolling pin for sugar cookies and if possible that could be used for fondant too?
Thanks a bunch.
Susie

10 replies
ALVARGA Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:58pm

I think it is personal preference. I have several and the one that I always use is the one from Wilton for both my cookies and my fondant. I love it. It is the right size and weight for me. HTH

Kitagrl Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:06am

I LOVE Sil-Pin. I have both a regular sized one (with handles) and a Jr. Sil Pin.

susies1955 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:23am

Thanks for the replies girls. icon_smile.gif
Susie

ReneeFLL Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 8:38am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVARGA

I think it is personal preference. I have several and the one that I always use is the one from Wilton for both my cookies and my fondant. I love it. It is the right size and weight for me. HTH

Is that the yellow and white one with handles?

ALVARGA Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 11:11am

No, it is the solid white one with no handles. I love it , use over my wooden one, aluminum one. HTH

Karadactyl Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 6:42pm

I have two of the solid white Wilton ones, a 9 inch and a 20something inch. I love them both but find myself using the 9 inch more often. It's smaller length and diameter are easier on my carpal tunneled hands =]

susies1955 Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:04pm

Thanks, I think I will look at the 9 inch one. icon_smile.gif
Susie

Texas_Rose Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:50pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I LOVE Sil-Pin. I have both a regular sized one (with handles) and a Jr. Sil Pin.

I like sil-pin too. I have the big one with the chrome handles, but I use the french style with no handles much more often. It rolls everything from sugar cookies to fondant to tortillas easily.

tigerhawk83 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 2:44pm

I have an OXO good grips nonstick rolling pin - I use it for cookies and fondant. It is heavy which I like so you don't have to use as much force. It has offset handles so my knuckles don't get in the way. I put my rolling pin rings on it for exact thickness cookies and it wipes clean. I love it.
Have wanted to try the Sil-Pin too - glad to know some of you have one and like them.

xoxoemilyrae Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:35pm

I actually have a "wooden" one for cookies and a "plastic" one for fondant. Both about $15 at target.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%