Tears And Fall Apart Regalice Ready Roll Out Icing...

Decorating By Zeechi Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 7:55pm by Zeechi

Zeechi Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 4

Hello, I tried to roll out 3kg baby blue regalice ready roll out icing today to cover a square 8 x 9(tall) inches cake, I started roll out 1kg first then added the rest. I rolled it for quite awhile as the icing won't really join together with circlar motion... then when I roll it out, tears appear and when pick up it started to fall apart icon_cry.gif .... I have tried added white shortening, little bit of water and rest the icing for an hour or so... then I tried another new batch but only knee it for very short time, no difference.... Can some one help me please... icon_cry.gif

3 replies
leah_s Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 4

Well, you probably won't like my answer. Regalice is AWFUL stuff. Sooo, to cover something that tall, personally, I'd treat the sides and top as two separate pieces. wrap the sides, then add a top circle. You'll need a decorative border to cover the join.

Noobz Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 4

Regalice is rubbish!

Zeechi Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 4

Hello,

Thank you guys, I am only a beginner and also beginner with this site, so i posted another post without knowing got replies already. Thank you. Can you tell me which brand is good for covering cake in uk please icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%