Baycakes Pop Baker Machine

Decorating By tericakes Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 6:18pm by imagenthatnj

tericakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tericakes Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 8

I've had failure after failure with this machine. I read all the directions and then followed them exactly. I poured the measure amount in the wells, closed the lid and immedialty started to smell the burning batter. I allowed them to bake for three minutes, (although the booklet said 4 to 6 minutes) The cake balls were burnt to a crsip bricket - completely BLACK! I did it again this time only baking for 2 minutes....burnt on the bottom. Okay one more time...this time they weren't burnt, bu they were weren't little balls...they were little flying saucers..the bottoms were brown the tops weren't round.
I don't want to give up, but feel defeated at this time. Can abyone help????

7 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 8

Do you mean BabyCakes?

tericakes Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 8

OOPS, yes I meant BabyCakes, Thanks

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 8

I own this machine. Are you using the recipes from the booklet? I have used the vanilla, chocolate and apple cider recipes and they came out ok, not burnt and/or black. The only problem is when you don't align the top and bottom perfectly, then you get some pops that are crooked.

Maybe the machine is defective and gets too hot. Can you return it and get another one?

Also try posting on the babycakes reviews thread. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-714521-210.html

tericakes Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 8

I used a cake mix. I will try using the recipes in the booklet, perhaps that's the problem. I keep reading such good reviews, and am so anxious to make some little cake balls! I don't want to give up. I'll try some of the recipes, and see what happnes. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, I APPRECIATE IT! Wish me luck, icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 8

Your machine might be defective. Maybe you should exchange it?

The ultimate test...I sent it to my sister in Ecuador, she doesn't speak English. She mixed her own batter (who knows which one? lol..) then she turned on the machine, and got perfect cake pops.

I think your machine is overheating. I bought two about 3 months ago and haven't had a chance to use them yet, but I've been reading the threads, and lots of people are using it without problems.

Did you follow that other thread where FromScratchSF gives exact measurements at the very beginning? She did a full review of it.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 8

That was my guess too..It sounds like you have a faulty machine because they should not be burning after 2 minutes...I would email and take pictures of your burnt balls or even a real time video to prove it is not you..I'm sure they will replace it.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 6:18pm
post #8 of 8

This is the other thread. Read the very first post by FromScratchSF, and then see if other people have more input about their experience with it.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=714521&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%