"bling" In Chocolate Molds

Sugar Work By stacerz4life Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 1:46pm by stacerz4life

stacerz4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacerz4life Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 1:19am
post #1 of 3

HI! I need help. I have been asked to make cakepops for a sweet 15 birthday party with a princess theme. My idea was to make the pops as I usually would, then on top place a molded chocolate tiara. They want some sort of diamond/bling on the tips of the tiara top. I have tried adding two different colors of the colored sugar to the mold before putting in the chocolate. I've used a silver and white(ish)-not exactly sure what the color is. The silver looks too dark and the white one just blends right in with the white chocolate. I have added edible glitter to the molds and they look really good like that, but I'm not getting the diamond/bling effect they asked for. Is there any thing else I can try to use in these to get the right look? Thanks!!

2 replies
joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 5:13am
post #2 of 3

Would disco dust work? That stuff is about as "blingy" as you can get. Sparkles like diamonds.

stacerz4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacerz4life Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 3

I had never heard of disco dust. I just looked it up and I LOVE it. Thank you. I really hope I can find some or get it delivered by Friday! Thanks so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%