Anyone Try New Bake Pop Pans....?

Baking By DH2008 Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 7:11pm by Debbye27

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 43

I was at the beach this weekend with the girls & saw a commercial last night about a pan that you put the batter in then put another pan on top & it's suppose to make perfect pops without the mushy adding of frosting. Anyone try it & is it worth buying? Thanks a bunch!!

42 replies
DH2008 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 1:49am
post #2 of 43

Anyone please?! Buybakepops.com is the site in case you're wondering what I'm talking about. icon_lol.gif

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 1:54am
post #3 of 43

For me, the frosting, cake crumb combo is what does it for me when eating cake pops. I just don't know if they would taste as good if it was just cake dipped in chocolate.

Kristie925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristie925 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 2:46am
post #4 of 43

Looks like they turn out like the Baby Cakes cake pop maker. The reason I like traditional cake pops is I like having something to do with scrap pieces of cake!

SweetSouthernBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSouthernBakery Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:45am
post #5 of 43

I have the Baby Cakes machine and love it. I'm not a big a fan of the more "traditional" cake pops. They have such an odd texture that I (and many more) just don't like. I took a look at the website that op provided and it looks like it works pretty much the same but its a pan that goes in the oven. A pro about it would be that you can make 24 at a time, however I do like that with the Baby Cakes machine it only takes a very short time to make a batch (about 2-3 min). Another pro of this pan is that they don't start cooking until you put them in the oven...with the Baby Cakes machine the pops start to cook as soon as they are in the machine so some may get a little browner than others but I've never had any get too brown.

And after going back and reading the op it seems that I have gotten very off topic... I haven't tried it but it looks neat and if I didn't have the Baby Cakes I would probably have to give it a try.

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:56am
post #6 of 43

I don't know how secure ordering from buybakepops.com really is. When you click on the order now button, it does not show a secure connection for putting in your personal info. I really want to try these because the traditional way of cake pop doesn't seem appealing to me. I hope Walgreens will have them in store soon so I can pick one up and give it a try.

DH2008 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 43

Yeah, I figured it would be in an As Seen On TV store or somewhere else soon. I'd like to give it a try though. thumbs_up.gif

Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 43

I was kind of gungho to buy that pan set last week, I got online and went to order, A) they ask you for all your payment information before giving you any real order information. Its a little scary. B) they tell you the shipping/processing time is 3 - 5 WEEKS. Unless you want to pay more shipping and then it's still fairly long. I passed at that point. I dont want them this fall, I want them this week. LOL I use the baby cakes maker for mini cupcakes when I bake them at home and I love it. I'll probably pick that up for cake pops as well.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:26pm
post #9 of 43

I don't know if this is the sane thing but I actually stumbled upon this thread yesterday icon_smile.gif

cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=714521&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 43

Sorry I'm using my mobile so it won't link you have to select and copy it then paste it into your address bar

jenny

cat2512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat2512 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:51pm
post #11 of 43

I ordered them last week and the amount still hasn't come out of my account. And yes it did say 3-6 weeks for delivery which is ridiculous! I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't of ordered these cause there is no way this should take 3-6 weeks for a delivery. Sheesh!

tw33tybyrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tw33tybyrd Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 7:27pm
post #12 of 43

Im just going to wait because I know in the amount of time its going to take to be shipped to my house Wal-Mart and Dollar General will have it availible for sale. That's how I got my big cookie, My big donut, And my big cupcake silicone pans from. I don't know if it's just here in Texas but as soon as I see it on TV weeks later its in the store.

drummerg68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drummerg68 Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 6:03am
post #13 of 43

Bump.

SimplySensationalSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensationalSweets Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:42pm
post #14 of 43

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got it last week..it didn't take hardly anytime for me to get mine...I called in my order rather than doing it online..it was cheaper for some reason to do it that way...I haven't tried the pan out yet but it seems to be a nice quality pan..it's not some cheap flimsy one...I hope to try the pan out this weekend...I'll report back once I do!!!

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wente002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wente002 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 4:35pm
post #16 of 43

The Bake Pop pan is also available at Bed Bath and Beyond, but there are no reviews. Would love to know how this compares to the baby cakes maker. I thought these would be fun to let the kids decorate.

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 8:59pm
post #17 of 43

Thank you for the information Wente002. I'm going to check my local store this weekend. If you subscribe to their e-mail newsletter, they send you coupons for 20% off or $5 off.

Wente002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wente002 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 1:13pm
post #18 of 43

Good luck GatuPR. Looks like you can also order on line and pick-up at a store with no shipping. I don't live near a store, but hope to get to one before Christmas, so please let me know how you make out. Here's the link where I sasw them:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/search/search.aspx/cake-pop/?sstr=cake+pop&grid=20&dim=1&nty=1&

dlobugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlobugs Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 9:21pm
post #19 of 43

I wish I had checked here before I ordered the bake pops pan.
Does anyone have a non toll free customer service number or is there an email address? I just did an order from the bakepops site and it billed me for 2 pans instead of one and I'm trying to contact them desperately.

cat2512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat2512 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 9:43pm
post #20 of 43

I ordered mine online months ago and still haven't received it! I gave up on it.

emms73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emms73 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 11:13pm
post #21 of 43

my mom ordered us some she tried it and loved she also said that if ppl wanted the extra flavor we could just pipe it in the middle but she said they turned out perfect cant wait to use mine gotta wedding coming up they wanted something for the kids hth

GatuPR Posted 13 Nov 2011 , 5:06pm
post #22 of 43

I found and bought the pan with a coupon. Have not use it because they recommend using a cooking spray with flour to spray the top and bottom of the pans and I don't have any. I will post again once I try it.

GatuPR Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 11:23pm
post #23 of 43

So I tried the pan 3 times so far with no luck. I can not get round balls. I used a spray with flour and another just butter. The bottom part is perfectly round but the top looks more like a cone shape. I also tried filling to the top and using less batter but still no luck.

I watched the instructional video online and they definitely don't look like the video. Anyone else bought it and was successful in getting round balls?

SharonH20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonH20 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 9:08pm
post #24 of 43

Finally got the bake pop pans. Yes, it took a while and they didn't charge me until they were ready to ship.... four weeks later. I was highly suspicious but decided to take a chance anyway. What bothered me is you can't find any objective reviews for this product. All are sponsored by the Bake Pop seller. Easy to tell. All of them say the same thing and have a link directly to Bake Pop. Hmmmm.

So today I tried it out and just like GatuPR, I got these funny shape pops that are round on one side and coned on the other. When you first put them in to bake, it's like they boil over, there's batter at the top of the hole, but when you scrap it off, the rest of the cake pop is further down in there and NOT going to reach the other side of the pan. No perfectly round ball here.

ness-p Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ness-p Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 6:13pm
post #25 of 43

i actually bought the bake pop pans this weekend. They sell them at bed bath and beyond and there was a $5 off coupon. So i got it for $15. My kids and i used it the same day. Piped the batter into the holes so it didnt make a mess. I got perfect round balls. The only thing i didnt like was there was a seam because the pans did not fit that tight. All i did was rub the seam with my fingers and the excess fell off. I would reccommend this to anyone. Im not a fan of the mushy cake pops. Another con i didnt like was they were a little dry, so im going to experiment with flavoring or simple syrups and see what happens.

GatuPR Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 1:16am
post #26 of 43

ness-p, would you mind sharing the recipe you used and what brand of cooking spray? I could not get round balls. I kept getting a cone type shape due to the hole on top, I think.

I also saw it sold at Rite Aid the other day. I was thinking of buying another one and just using the bottom pans.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 10:52pm
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH20

What bothered me is you can't find any objective reviews for this product. All are sponsored by the Bake Pop seller. Easy to tell. All of them say the same thing and have a link directly to Bake Pop. Hmmmm.

Maybe this will help:
http://www.bakepops-reviews.com/

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 11:23pm
post #28 of 43

If your pops are coned shaped on top .As soon as the pan is cool enough to touch but still warm . Flip the cake pop over in the pan so that the cone shaped end is down in the pan push sligthly and leave to cool. This helps some. Do not overfill pans with batter.

gracebridget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracebridget Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 3:43am
post #29 of 43

Be absolutely certain you spray the pan with PAM "for baking" (with flour) or Wilton baking spray. Sprays WITHOUT flour makes cones for some odd reason. Don't know why. Something in the chemisrty of it all. And any other greasing method makes for probs (butter, oil, etc.) This pan is made to take half a standard mix. Mix it, split it in half, then dump one half into the pan. The angled flange keeps it all in while you use a spatula to spread it into the half spheres. Be sure the half balls are filled completely. They SHOULD overflow a bit but not all over the oven. If they peek through or overflow a bit (into yummy little cups) you know you had the right amount of batter. If it overflows all over the place, the overflow blocks the convection & keeps the ball from baking up fully. Not sure why people have problems with it. I get completely round balls every time if I use the prescribed method. But I have deviated from the instructions and a number of things have happened (too flat, too dry, etc.) Hope this helps!

SimplySensationalSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensationalSweets Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 4:11am
post #30 of 43

I tried my pans once and they did not turn out well at all...I haven't had a chance to try them again...the company messed up and ended up sending me 2 sets of the pans and only charged me for one..so I guess it's a bonus set for me! I hope that I'm able to get them to work right...I like the idea of the pop being all cake dipped in chocolate...I'm hoping to try them again soon since we are working on cakepops for Valentine's Day...I will let you know if I get them figured out...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%