Anyone Try New Bake Pop Pans....?

Baking By DH2008 Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 7:11pm by Debbye27

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 6:49am
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensationalSweets

the company messed up and ended up sending me 2 sets of the pans and only charged me for one..

Didn't they have a buy one get one free deal going? My friend recently got some and that's the deal she got.

labakingnena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labakingnena Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 6:33pm
post #32 of 43

i bought the pan and made my first batch last week, I love it, it makes making cake pops so easy, I love the traditional way too but for those who dont like the texture this is a great alrernative what I do I pipe a little icing in the middle and they taste great. Also soak the cake popss in a little sugar and rum syrup and they are really good.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 9:39pm
post #33 of 43

I use the baby cakes cake pop maker that someone else mentioned but I wanted to pass along my one tip. I find the "baked" cake balls and pops are a bit dry so I use brown mix instead. They have a denser flavor and taste. For white cake, I use the "brownies from a mix" recipe. It's not quite as gooey as brownies but I am going to try a few different versions of these. I find cake pops to be a pain in the rear so I do like having the little maker because they're so fast. One question..does the pan at bed bath and beyond come with a large cooling rack for the balls? The one with the baby cakes maker only holds 6 which is a bummer

kitalyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitalyn Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 4:31pm
post #34 of 43

I've had my bake pop pan since Christmas and I've used it like 400 times (ok, more like 10) I absolutely love it!! I have never had cone shaped balls, but i am wondering if you alla re using the right liquids in your balls. Instead of water, use half as much and use milk instead. Ok, in more understandable terms...if your recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups water, use 3/4 cups milk instead. It makes your batter MUCH denser and they tend to come out a lot better. Im still trying to perfect a recipe though, because oh the pans creating pockets of heat the batter boils and the top half of the balls can tend to have a lot of air in them. Also, never cook above 350, I never go over 325 hoping that a slower cook will make them not bubble as much icon_biggrin.gif

SimplySensationalSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensationalSweets Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:21pm
post #35 of 43

I found this tutorial today that explains how to make the pops and I think I'm going to give them another try this weekend! I didn't make my cake the way they suggested so that may have been my problem!

Here's the link to the tutorial if you want to check it out! I will let you know how mine turn out!

SimplySensationalSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensationalSweets Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:24pm
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by zespri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensationalSweets

the company messed up and ended up sending me 2 sets of the pans and only charged me for one..

Didn't they have a buy one get one free deal going? My friend recently got some and that's the deal she got.

I ended up with 4 of the cake pop pans...2 complete sets so I'm not sure...it shows on my account with them that they shipped me 2 complete sets but only billed for one..who knows..I just know I can't wait to try them out again!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:43pm
post #37 of 43

Wow- glad I saw this site- I was just about to order a new pan from baby cakes....I've used the bake pop pan 3 times now and 3 times I've gotten cone shaped pops- it's very frustrating!! I will flip it over next time while cooling....maybe that will help. I found that my scratch chocolate recipe worked much better, last time I used my scratch vanilla and it was cone city! I still am so tempted to get the babycakes one- it is on sale at the kohls website- for 24.99, and there is a 15% off sale if you order online. I still may get it - b/c everyone says it makes perfectly round balls in minutes....
Bake pops makes 18 at a time, which is nice, but then again, it takes about 30 min in the oven, then cooling time, then removal and cleaning of the pan to make more-----------kinda time consuming!
Here's a pic of the recent ones I made--------they would have been so much better if they weren't cones- even the dipping process would have been smoother I think!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2259949/rainbow-cake-pops

Debbye27 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:52pm
post #38 of 43

Okay, I couldn't resist a bargain - I just bought the babycakes from Kohls, and after the online deal I paid 24.00. I bought the bakepops from bed bath and beyond for 19.99 (but I was able to use a 20% off coupon). In any case- I will use both of these- and report back which one is better!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 3:12pm
post #39 of 43

I went to a birthday party last weekend. The mom had ordered these cake pops from a lady. They looked cute. I thought they were going to taste something like a cake ball. Not so. You could tell these were baked in one of those pans that your talking about. NONE of the kids finished theirs. They got maybe half way and then threw them out. They were dry.

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 6:57pm
post #40 of 43

Hi Sillywabbitz, Can you please provide more details about the recipes you are using for the babycakes pop pan? Thanks.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 6:21am
post #41 of 43

You really use a denser batter and dont overbake or they will be dry . I.made WASC.snowmen cake pops and my sister in law mentioned TODAY how good they were. we are having a baby shower next weekend and Im.making sone cakepops. Im thinking of trying cheesecake either in the pan ir rolled.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 6:23am
post #42 of 43

You really use a denser batter and dont overbake or they will be dry . I.made WASC.snowmen cake pops and my sister in law mentioned TODAY how good they were. we are having a baby shower next weekend and Im.making sone cakepops. Im thinking of trying cheesecake either in the pan ir rolled.

Debbye27 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 7:11pm
post #43 of 43

cheesecake cake pops sound awesome! do you mean you will bake them in the pan? My mind is working on these already now!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%