Need Help With Center Dowel Of 4 Tier Wedding Cake

Decorating By Shelley51708 Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 3:36am by mbark

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 6

I am relatively new with fondant. I have 4 tier wedding cake that has to travel for 3 hours. Originally she wanted it to be BC, so I was just going to transport it in 2 parts and put it together on site, covering up the hole on top of the top tier. Does it work the same way with fondant or do I need to transport it all put together? TIA!!

5 replies
grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 6

You can do it either way.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 6

traveling with a cake put together for 3 hours spells disaster! box each cake separately to keep it away from the sun and just be prepared with all of your supplies when you get on site. icon_smile.gif good luck!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 2:41am
post #4 of 6

I travel with my cakes fully assembled all the time, BUT, my husband drills a hole into the wooden base plate and glues in a sharpened wooden dowel. I place each cake on a foamcore board - insert dowels into each cake then thread each cake down over the center dowel. I then place the finished cake into a car cooler (my husband made for me as well) that is filled with frozen ice packs and non skid mats. It's easy to just set the cake down on the cake stand and leave.

olleharr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olleharr Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 2:58am
post #5 of 6

4 tiers....for three hours.....I think I would wait and assemble on site.

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:36am
post #6 of 6

dang Denise can I borrow your husband? lol. you are one lucky gal!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%