Buying Bulk Pre-Made Frosting/icing

Decorating By De65 Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 5:33pm by De65

De65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
De65 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 4:31am
post #1 of 8

WOW the prices have gone up WAY high for bulk pre made frosting.
I used to make it and sell it but geez... you can make your own for
WAY less.

7 replies
dorothymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorothymarie Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 8

I just bought some at Sam's Club this week.
Same price as always. 30 lbs for $30.

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 8

Which sites do you visit for pre-made icings and fillings? Thanks.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 8

For me, buying the pre made bulk is very close to half the cost of making it myself!! I get all my stuff from the same supplier...BUT my BC tastes way better, and sets me apart from the other bakeries in my area, THEY ALL use the premade stuff...nothing wrong with it...it does taste good, just home made in my opinion is better icon_biggrin.gif

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 8

ConfectionsCC, can you share the name of your supplier? Thanks.

De65 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 8

What recipe do you use? I like homemade better as well. The pre-made is just good for practice cakes that you dont intend on eating or serving.
I need to break out the bad boy mixer and make a HUGE batch again.
I havent done it in ages. Where do you get your supplies? Do you order online or somewhere local to you in MS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfectionsCC

For me, buying the pre made bulk is very close to half the cost of making it myself!! I get all my stuff from the same supplier...BUT my BC tastes way better, and sets me apart from the other bakeries in my area, THEY ALL use the premade stuff...nothing wrong with it...it does taste good, just home made in my opinion is better icon_biggrin.gif

olleharr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olleharr Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 8

I just finished up my first tub from Sam's. It's not bad icing, it's just not as tasty as my buttercream. My buttercream has real butter in it though so it doesn't stand up well in the heat. I will just use Sams for the hot months I think. As for cost....the bulk seems to run around the same price as making it for me. Butter and whipping cream are not cheap!

De65 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 8

I pulled out the big bad boy and whipped up a 5 gallon bucket of wedding white frosting.
Mmmmm so smooth and creamy. LOL.. My son asked me if it was whipped with whips... hahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%