"giveaway" Contest Ican Host For Fb Customers....

Business By ConfectionsCC Updated 24 Jul 2011 , 8:07pm by ConfectionsCC

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 6

Anyone every advertise a "giveaway" for FB? Like, get us to xx people liking our page and we will give away some kind of dessert or cake??? I really REALLY want to give away a cake..but how do I post it, and to get people to respond? What kind of guide lines should this contest have? Background: I have 583 friends on FB as of tonight, I want to get people to suggest me to their friends, and once I get to 600, give something away!? Maybe a free 2 tier cake with 30 servings, buttercream with fondant accents!? How do I word that though so that people take the time to read it, and not pass over it...and so that people don't say, "Oh I won the free cake, now I need 300 servings..."?? Please oh please help with this!! I am new to the biz!

5 replies
vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 4:12am
post #2 of 6

When I was getting started I told everyone to go 'like' my cake page and commit on the wall by x date. After that I drew a few names. My restrictions were, the cake had t o be order within the month of the drawing (mine was in may so all cake had to be claimed by may 31 or no cake), also I had to be able to make the cake with up to one and half recipes of batter and one and half recipes of butter cream. This gave me opportunity to try new techniques, along with getting new people to try my baking, and get more photos for a portfolio. If it weren't for needing more photos, I probably would NOT do this again. I have yet to receive any business from my fbook friends, all they wanted was free cake. I get so mad when I see a b-day come and go (esp for one of the people the won a cake) and they ordered their cake from someone else. If you decide to do this just beware there are a lot of people out there that will only take notice for the FREE cake and turn their back when the cake is not longer free. If you want to get your name out there make a few samples, maybe cupcakes or 6 inch cakes and take them to local businesses. This way employees and their customers can try your product.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 10:24am
post #3 of 6

I did exactly what you want to do. I wanted to get up to 1000 followers on FB, so I posted that when I got to that number, I would give away a free 6" cake (I also put what it was worth) to be drawn from all the comments related to the question I asked. I just asked what flavour cake people would like to have if they won. Around 150 people replied. I used random.org to generate the winning comment/person. Then I asked them to send me a PM with their details, and I got in touch. I told her that she could have the cake between now and the end of the year (subject to my availability), and she could choose the flavour and decoration etc.
I also said that if they preferred, they could put the money amount towards a larger cake and they pay the difference. Also stated that one of the conditions was they had to come pick the cake up, or pay for delivery.
I now have over 1300 fans icon_biggrin.gif It was good fun for sure.

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 6

I actually just started one where if you like our page, you'll be entered to win a free dozen of cupcakes. There will 5 randomly drawn winners. I'm hoping it will draw more customers! : )

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 6

oh I also added some stipulations like they were for pick up orders only, they got to choose 1 flavor out of 4 with just buttecream, and they needed to call at least a week prior to their pick up date.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks ya'll icon_biggrin.gif My page isnt a fan page, you actually have to send a friend request (maybe I should have done a fan page icon_rolleyes.gif !) Anyways, I think giving away the 6in cake or equivalent off a cake order would be cool! And to do it as "we have reached 600, comment on this post for a chance for a free cake" kinda thing...Thanks again for your help icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%