Pa Licensure

Business By JillyPlot Updated 24 Jul 2011 , 2:01am by Kitagrl

JillyPlot Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 5

I knew I saw on here a while ago that in PA you can have a home kitchen, but you cannot have animals in the kitchen. I was concerned because I have a turtle who lives in a tank in my kitchen. Well, I just lost my full time job, so I decided to look more into whether or not I would be able to get licensed with the turtle, and it turns out that having an animal in a tank is fine! I'm so excited. I hope to feel comfortable enough and ready enough to start a business by early next year. I definitely need more experience and practice, but I know I will do this soon.
Just needed to share my excitement!

4 replies
Lita829 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 5

Good luck to you icon_smile.gif . I am going to pursue my kitchen licensure in September. It's time because word of mouth about what I do is spreading like wildfire. Like you, I don't work outside the home so I finally get to do what I should have been doing since I graduated high school.

I am in a conundrum because I have a miniature Yorkie. I have a few things to figure out because I am not getting rid of him.

JillyPlot Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 5

Good luck with your venture as well! Hope you are able to figure something out with your Yorkie. Maybe doors or something?

Lita829 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 1:31am
post #4 of 5

Thank you! Getting doors sounds like a good idea. I was also thinking about putting him in one of the bedrooms while I bake and decorate.

He is so small (he is only 4lbs, is about 6 inches tall, and he is full grown) that he doesn't get in the way but I fully understand and agree with why animals, especially dogs and cats aren't allowed in the work area.

Kitagrl Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:01am
post #5 of 5

In PA, dogs and cats are not allowed in the house at all. You can only have outdoor animals...or those, obviously per this thread, confined to a tank.

Quote by @%username% on %date%