I Would Like Some Help Pricing A Cake,please

Decorating By Ree Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 5:07pm by ConfectionsCC

Ree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ree Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 4

The cake will be a 4 tier on placed on the towering cake stand with pink roses in between every tier and on top. The cakes will be pumpkin spice and apple spice with complementing fillings and will be iced with cream cheese icing. I have no idea what the price of this cake should be...plus, I will have to purchase the tier stand. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 4

Tier sizes? Fresh or handmade flowers? Fondant?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 4

How much will the ingredients and supports cost for this cake? How long do you estimate it will take to complete? What is your hourly wage? How much annual overhead do you have (insurance, license fees, etc.) and how many orders do you fill per year?

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 4

Ditto, while scratch recipes usually do mean you can price somewhat higher, the main way to determine your price are all the decoration details like fresh or handmade flowers, fondant, or just cream cheese...Make sure you add up ALL your costs for making the cake, including millage for running to the store and getting the stuff to make it! I generally charge price per serving for my cakes, $2 for buttercream, $2.50 for fondant accents, and $3.50 for an all fondant cake, then add to the top of that any specialty items such as out of the ordinary stands, sugar flowers..etc...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%