Sweetwise "the Mat"

Decorating By Mandyjb74 Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 2:13pm by ConfectionsCC

Mandyjb74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandyjb74 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 6

I was just look at "the mat" on you tube and was wondering if anyone uses one of these for rolling out fondant and if so what you think of it?

5 replies
blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 6

I love mine

Mandyjb74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandyjb74 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 6

is it easy to get the fondant off and onto the cake? i have seen adverts before where it looks really easy and in real life its a nightmare

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyjb74

is it easy to get the fondant off and onto the cake? i have seen adverts before where it looks really easy and in real life its a nightmare

In my opinion, the product is exactly as advertised--it's fabulous! If you google "The Mat Cake Central", you will find other posts and discussions about this product.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 6

It is easy to get it off the mat and onto the cake, if you have a firm, chilled cake, and do it exactly how she explains in her videos. I highly reccomend watching her you tube vidoes on how to use it, and how to trouble shoot problems! I love LOVE mine! I got it about two months ago, and one problem I had at first was that it was too stiff and somewhat difficult to work with, on top of learning how to use something new. She explains BE PATIENT it has to get broken in, and now mine is and is working out great! One thing I am having trouble with now is I have always used a french style rolling pin. You really need one of those heavy large rolling pins. You need the weight to help roll the fondant. Not the same as just rolling it out on the counter! HTH, really, watch her videos on it. It is a wonderful product, but it takes practice!

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 6

Ouch, just saw all my typos...sorry ya'll!! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%