They Put The Kitchen Cakes On Display!

Decorating By saffronica Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 12:03am by Marianna46

saffronica Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 6:06am
post #1 of 2

I delivered a wedding cake for our neighbor tonight, as well as two 9x12 kitchen cakes (4" tall), which of course I left in the kitchen. When I came back for the reception, I saw that they had moved the kitchen cakes out to the cake table! I hadn't spent much time smoothing them, and I had scored the top so they would know how to cut them, so they really weren't much to look at.

The MOB told me that the bride wanted to wait and serve the cake after they had done the ceremonial cutting. I understand that, I guess, but this was an informal come-and-go reception. So all the guests that came before the cake cutting (which hadn't happened by halfway through the reception, when we left) didn't get any! All they had was mints and nuts and something that I think was supposed to be a lemon bar, so there were a lot of people waiting for cake!

Maybe I should have just cut the dang thing myself. icon_rolleyes.gif

1 reply
Marianna46 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:03am
post #2 of 2

Wow, maybe you should deliver a set of printed instructions with each cake:
Rule 1: Kitchen cakes should be left in the kitchen. That's why they're called kitchen cakes.
Rule 2: If it's only a come-and-go reception and not dinner, cut the cake early so everybody gets some.
Rule 3: Use a venue where they have some common sense next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%