White Imbc??

Baking By gimmesugar Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 12:29am by AnnieCahill

gimmesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gimmesugar Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:20am
post #1 of 3

The search engine on here is not the greatest because I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find it! Because of the pure vanilla extract and butter that goes into making IMBC, it's hard to get it white. I've heard many suggestions, such as using clear vanilla, a drop of violet, organic butter (because it's not as yellow), etc.

Does anyone have any successful tips on this when working with IMBC? In particular, I'm wondering if white food coloring gel actually does the trick for IMBC? I've heard of this suggestion but haven't read if it's been tried with IMBC and has worked. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
gimmesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gimmesugar Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 3

anyone? no one?

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 12:29am
post #3 of 3

I think IMBC, since it's all butter, is going to be very difficult to get all white. Even if you use organic or white butter, you still have the issue of the vanilla coloring the icing. The only way to avoid that would be to use clear vanilla, which in my opinion would be pointless when you are making such a refined buttercream. If you're going to spend the money and use pure butter then use pure vanilla too.

I personally have never used the whitener, but I have heard some say that you should only use a small amount because if you use too much it can give your icing a funny taste.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%