Open Oven By Mistake!!

Baking By soledad Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 12:11pm by costumeczar

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 7

OMG! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I just open the oven after only 15min!!! I do not know what is going to happen. I am just hopping it will not affect the result!
I went to the oven to turn the light on and I do not know what distracted me icon_cry.gif

I just needed to vent! Thank you. icon_sad.gif

CIAO

6 replies
boomerangbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boomerangbaker Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:06am
post #2 of 7

I open my oven all the time, never had a problem.
I don't use a timer so I judge doneness by smell and touch and finally a skewer in the middle, sometimes I open it as much as 5-6 times.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:07am
post #3 of 7

Unless you kept it open for a couple minutes or slammed the door shut when you realized what you'd done, I'd guess that nothing's going to happen. Wouldn't make a habit of it, but I don't think it'll hurt. Most modern recipes are way more resilient and modern stoves return to full heat much faster than the wood stoves our grandmothers used.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:13am
post #4 of 7

nothings going to happen. Heck I pull half baked cakes out of one oven to consolidate them into the other oven.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:13am
post #5 of 7

**CALM DOWN ** icon_smile.gif LOL
No big deal. As cakeyouverymuch said, uless you kept it oven or slammed the door there should be no problem.

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:49am
post #6 of 7

Thank you, thank you for your words !. The cake came out OK!! icon_biggrin.gif I think it was because I was so shocked that I open the door that I shut it very quietly, I didn't even want the cake to know what I had just done!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 7

I open and shut the door all the time during baking. I even take the half-done cakes in and out to move things around if I need to. It won't kill them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%