Open Oven By Mistake!!

Baking By soledad Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 12:11pm by costumeczar

soledad Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 7

OMG! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I just open the oven after only 15min!!! I do not know what is going to happen. I am just hopping it will not affect the result!
I went to the oven to turn the light on and I do not know what distracted me icon_cry.gif

I just needed to vent! Thank you. icon_sad.gif

CIAO

6 replies
boomerangbaker Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:06am
post #2 of 7

I open my oven all the time, never had a problem.
I don't use a timer so I judge doneness by smell and touch and finally a skewer in the middle, sometimes I open it as much as 5-6 times.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:07am
post #3 of 7

Unless you kept it open for a couple minutes or slammed the door shut when you realized what you'd done, I'd guess that nothing's going to happen. Wouldn't make a habit of it, but I don't think it'll hurt. Most modern recipes are way more resilient and modern stoves return to full heat much faster than the wood stoves our grandmothers used.

leah_s Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:13am
post #4 of 7

nothings going to happen. Heck I pull half baked cakes out of one oven to consolidate them into the other oven.

kakeladi Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:13am
post #5 of 7

**CALM DOWN ** icon_smile.gif LOL
No big deal. As cakeyouverymuch said, uless you kept it oven or slammed the door there should be no problem.

soledad Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:49am
post #6 of 7

Thank you, thank you for your words !. The cake came out OK!! icon_biggrin.gif I think it was because I was so shocked that I open the door that I shut it very quietly, I didn't even want the cake to know what I had just done!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 7

I open and shut the door all the time during baking. I even take the half-done cakes in and out to move things around if I need to. It won't kill them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%