Anyone Familiar With This Aust Supplier? Cheap Airbrush

Decorating By Coral3 Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 5:45am by microunique

Coral3 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased from this company...their website doesn't have all the bells & whistles, they don't have a real life showroom/shop anywhere, and they are a lot cheaper - which makes me a little nervous buying from them - but the airbrush I want is $200 cheaper than elsewhere, which is a huge saving (if it's not too good to be true!) - or am I missing something here? icon_confused.gif

http://www.countrywidecakedecorations.com.au/About%20us.htm

Here's the airbrush http://www.countrywidecakedecorations.com.au/Kopykake%20web%20page/products/airbrush.htm

TIA icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Bec005 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 11:07am
post #2 of 9

Hi, I think they have good service i seen on another forum (aussie cake site) a few people who had gotten one through them. I got mine directly from kopykake for $365 including delivery to Australia. They put our plug on so no need to get the converter plug. HTH.

Bec.

Coral3 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 11:22am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec005

Hi, I think they have good service i seen on another forum (aussie cake site) a few people who had gotten one through them. I got mine directly from kopykake for $365 including delivery to Australia. They put our plug on so no need to get the converter plug. HTH.

Bec.




Ooh, that sounds good. I'd ruled out buying one from overseas because of the whole power plug/converter issue...I didn't realise Kopykake would do that for Aus. buyers!

Evoir Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 11:44am
post #4 of 9

I looked at the Country Cake place, yes it was a basic webby, and they did not answer my emails in any kind of prompt manner. The guy is hard to get a hold of. I was interested in buying one from them too...I ended up buying a mini compressor and a perfect airbrush, plus a holder and cleaning tools from an online Australian hobby supplier (they are online). I am really happy with their website, email service, and for being local to ask questions etc. I looked extensively for an airbrush before buying and my gear cost $225 all up.

I know Kopykake is marketed towards the cake decorators, but the essential things to look for are the airbrush (the actual tool you hold) quality, and a sturdy wee little adjustable compressor with a humidity catcher. You can save a whole lot by buying a small artists kit like I did, because they are doing exactly the same thing!!!

Coral3 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

I looked at the Country Cake place, yes it was a basic webby, and they did not answer my emails in any kind of prompt manner. The guy is hard to get a hold of. I was interested in buying one from them too...I ended up buying a mini compressor and a perfect airbrush, plus a holder and cleaning tools from an online Australian hobby supplier (they are online). I am really happy with their website, email service, and for being local to ask questions etc. I looked extensively for an airbrush before buying and my gear cost $225 all up.

I know Kopykake is marketed towards the cake decorators, but the essential things to look for are the airbrush (the actual tool you hold) quality, and a sturdy wee little adjustable compressor with a humidity catcher. You can save a whole lot by buying a small artists kit like I did, because they are doing exactly the same thing!!!




Hmm...well I won't be buying from them then - if they're hard to contact when you want to BUY something, they'd be IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of if you had a problem! thumbsdown.gif

I looked briefly at some on a general hobby site, but have no idea which brands are good/which ones are decent quality.

Evoir Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 2:47am
post #6 of 9

Well, the one I have is an Artlogic mini compressor and a Sparmax airbrush, with dual control (air and colour). I have found it does everything I want it to do. I airbrushed the Harley Davidson jacket cake and the Kittle Red Hen cake in my photos as examples of my recent usage of my airbrush.

Here is a link that has both parts I purchased...if you buy them together its cheaper. http://www.hobbytools.com.au/prod104.htm

HTH!

Coral3 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:29am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

Well, the one I have is an Artlogic mini compressor and a Sparmax airbrush, with dual control (air and colour). I have found it does everything I want it to do. I airbrushed the Harley Davidson jacket cake and the Kittle Red Hen cake in my photos as examples of my recent usage of my airbrush.

Here is a link that has both parts I purchased...if you buy them together its cheaper. http://www.hobbytools.com.au/prod104.htm

HTH!




Thanks for that, will check it out icon_smile.gif

Evoir Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:28am
post #8 of 9

Sorry about the double dutch in that last post - I was being interrupted! I meant to say too that I emailed the guy directly, and he was able to tell me it was very suitable for cake decorators, and that he had sold plenty to cakers. The main thing with the airbrush is to look for a 0.3 - 0.5 needle, and for the compressor to be able to set at 10 - 30 psi. Also - ensure your handheld airbrush is gravity-fed, not suction, as this aids in decreasing the amount of spotting you get.

microunique Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 5:45am
post #9 of 9

Airbrush hub website is the most visited website for air brush artist in Autrailia to show their work of art to the entire world. So you should definitely visit to Airbrush Hub Website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%