Sorry If In Wrong Area But How Do I Stop My Cakepops...

Baking By dejoycer Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 12:12am by dejoycer

dejoycer Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 7

Sorry if in wrong area but how do I stop my cakepops from impaling themselves. Made them a wee while ago and they all slid down the stick and looked like they had given up the will to live.
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong area but I'm still a newbie.

6 replies
DanaG21 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 7

Are you dipping your stick in chocolate? Also, you don't want to stick it very far in. I also freeze after sticking in the stick and before dipping. You can go to Bakerella.com and get the how to's there or the several different places here or on the web - YouTube.

dejoycer Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 7

I froze them with the sticks not inserted too far and dipped in the chocolate. I'm wondering if maybe they were too big and heavy and what would be the ideal size? I'm not really au fait with this forum cos its HUGE and if you could direct me to where the info is I would be much obliged.
Thanks. x

EnglishCakeLady Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 7

I agree with DanaG21. Freeze the pops after you roll them (they don't have to be frozen solid, just firm), then dip the stick in the chocolate and push that carefully into the pop. Let this chocolate harden completely before you dip them to cover them. Put them back in the freezer as Dana suggests, but you don't want them completely frozen otherwise the chocolate can crack once they're dipped (the cold pop reacts with the hot chocolate). When you come to finally dip, make sure the chocolate completely covers the little blob that will have formed around the stick. This glues everything together and stops the dreaded impaling. I made 60 just recently, and only had one that fell off its stick.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2060927

Your pops can be any size, but I guess the standard is just a bit bigger than a quarter (before you dip them). If you want bigger, be sure to buy sturdier lolly sticks.

dejoycer Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 7

Aha! Silly me, so dip the stick in the chocolate BEFORE sticking them into the pop! So simple but genius. I really should read properly! Will be trying that. Thanks!
p.s, am I in the right or wrong section? I'm on another forum and feathers get ruffled if you post stuff in the wrong place. Eeeek!

shanter Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 7

I think your post is in the correct forum. Just don't post the same thing in more than one forum. I did that when I was a bright, shiny newbie and was told that all but one of my posts had been deleted! Live and learn......

dejoycer Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 12:12am
post #7 of 7

Good advice cos I nearly posted the same topic in another section when it was getting looks but no posts (purely because I thought I was in the wrong place). Thing is that I've learned that I've seen some right hissy fits when people get lots of looks and no comments and delete their O/P without realising sometimes people look but don't post unless they've something to say. icon_rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the reassurance. x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%