I Love This Site!!

Baking By SweetSuzieQ Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 9:16am by LisaPeps

SweetSuzieQ Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 4

I just want to shout it from the rooftops!!! LMFAO I just love the inspiration that I get from reading here. Over in the recipe request forum, somebody asked for a pineapple filling for cake and, one of the posters suggested Pineapple Curd. Now, as a relatively newb in the baking world, I didn't know that they had other kinds of curds other than lemon. So, it got me thinking that a Pineapple/Coconut curd would be an amazing filling for my coconut cream cupcakes and, then iced with a Malibu Rum frosting would make for the ultimate Pina Colada cupcake!!!

So, I found a Pineapple curd recipe, added a smidge of coconut to it and, it is sitting in my fridge now cooling in preperation for tomorrow where I will bake up the Coconut Cream cupcakes (where I may or may not alter to add a bit of pineapple flavor to) and whip up the frosting.

Is it wrong that I am soooo excited right now I wish I could do it all RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!! Ha, ha

3 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 6:34am
post #2 of 4

Sounds yummy! How much is a smidge of coconut? I ask because that's one of my fave flavor combos, and I would like to try it, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ImogenLockhart123 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:17am
post #3 of 4

ME TOO!!!
I like there very much!!!!!!!!!!!

LisaPeps Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 9:16am
post #4 of 4

MMmmmm could you share the pineapple curd recipe please? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%