Cream Cheese Cake For Wedding Cakes?

Baking By GRAMSB123 Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 9:41pm by GRAMSB123

GRAMSB123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMSB123 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone used cream cheese cake for a wedding cake? It just seems like it wouldn't stack well. I have a bride(groom) that would really like it. Any suggestions?

4 replies
ranae5463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranae5463 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 5

I've not made a wedding cheesecake before, but know it can be done. I've been to a couple of weddings that have had cheesecake as their cake. The only thought I would have is they may need additional support as cheesecake can be heavy. I saw a post (don't recall if it's here on CC or another site) just yesterday where they made one layer in a tier regular cake and the other layer was cheesecake and they didn't use a graham cracker crust. They just made sure to coat the pan well so it would come out easily. HTH

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 5

I would not stack cheesecake unless they want a diaster...there are 3 tier
stands out there that make the cake display look great. I have one where they are verticle, and one where they are staggered. I have also been to weddings where they had a cheesecake as a centerpiece on each table.

Good luck!!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 5

One thing to consider is refrigeration. Cheesecake can't be left out for more than two hours, so if the bride wants to display the cake for several hours during the reception, cheesecake is not a great idea.

GRAMSB123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMSB123 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 5

Well I have suggested to make a grooms cake with it and not go for the cheesecake. I had all the same concerns. Hopefully she will go with that. hank you for the input.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%