Thinking About Making The Cake For Your Child's Wedding?

Decorating By tokazodo Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 1:37pm by QTCakes1

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 9:14am
post #1 of 2

Last weekend I did a tasting with a real cute couple. The bride was looking for 150 cupcakes. She explained that her mother always wanted to make her wedding cake and her mom would be making the cutting cake.
Smart lady, MOB!
A year ago, I attempted to make my son's wedding cake. I live in NC and the wedding was in Ohio. I found a home baker to make the cake itself for me. The morning of the wedding I stood in the reception hall waiting for the AC to be fixed. It was almost 100 degrees outside. By the time I finished making the 3 tier for 150 people, I had very little time left to get myself ready for my son's wedding.
At the time, I had thought, good cake, or good hair. It was a life time dream to make a wedding cake for my son's wedding. I chose to have good cake. When I look back on the wedding photos, I have this stupid (real) grin on my face but my hair looks awful.
I wish I would have thought of something like the MOB thought of above. A small cutting cake would have been perfect. It can be set up like the photo below:
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2076759

1 reply
QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 2

That's really cute. I was lucky and was still able to get back on time to get my hair done...which is good, cause I REALLY suck at doing my own hair. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%