How To Decorate A Tiffany And Co. Cake?

Decorating By yujely13 Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 3:05pm by patjobes

yujely13 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 9:00am
post #1 of 2

Hi all,
over the weekend i plan to make a tiffany and co. cake (box) with fondant. I've used fondant once before, but i want to ask, to get the crisp edges on the cake, do i cut a piece of fondant for each side then smooth down? also, i've seen a few pictures of the tiffany and co cake with a bracelet hanging down that looks like they have made it out of icing. Does anybody know how to make the links on these.

Just one last thing, i am using premade fondant from the supermarket. I want to make the bow and decorations, so do I do these decorations the night before i assemble the cake together? Do i place them in a freezer, outside, or in a container? I have no idea! If anybody has any suggestions or pictures, please let me know!

1 reply
patjobes Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 2

i would make your bow etc a few days before to give them time to dry also i would add a bit of tylose to help them harden and make working the fondant easier, dont know to much about corners sides but i would do them as seperate pieces of half and half cut exaxtly to size and then put on cake when dry but like i said im no expert on corners sorry i cant be of much more help

Quote by @%username% on %date%