Americolor Fushia Vs. Electric Pink?

Decorating By kger Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 9:17pm by chefandbaker

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:29am
post #1 of 9

Can anyone tell me the difference or point me to photos? Trying to order online, and I don't know which way to go. I need "Hello Kitty Pink."

8 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:18am
post #2 of 9

I don't know what their Electic Pink looks like but the fuschia won't give you what I would consider Hello Kitty pink.

madis_granny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madis_granny Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:33am
post #3 of 9

Go to www.countrykitchensa.com
They have the colors posted on their web site.
I would use Ele. Pink.......that is my favorite!! icon_biggrin.gif

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:49am
post #4 of 9

Since you're ordering anyway why not get both? I agree that electric pink will be more of the color you need but I love the fuschia shade!

chefandbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefandbaker Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:04am
post #5 of 9

Avid HK fan here. What look of HK are you trying to achieve? Both would be good colors to use. I would think for her more common images, the electric pink is fine. Fuschia isn't necessarily the typically HK pink.. but I have seen that color in some of her different outfits/backgrounds/etc.

kger Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 12:11pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for your help! It looks like Electric Pink is the way to go. I'm using these rings as toppers for a 4 yr old's b-day: http://www.cupcakeswirl.com/images/largekittyrings.JPG so I want to match the bow to the frosting. I don't want it too pastel, but not too neon. Electric Pink says "neon flamingo" to me, so I thought I'd check with you guys.

Those "swatches" are kind of deceiving over the internet. I had a similar predicament a few weeks ago with americolor teal vs. turquoise. I needed a Tiffany blue/turquoisey color and my cake shop lady (Beryl - some of you might know that online store), said teal was the way to go. The swatch, though, looked kind of jade-y, but she was spot on with the color.

I defer to the HK expert, though. What color would Kitty wear?

kger Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 9

Quick update: Electric Pink was too pastel. I ended up using Wilton Rose, which was much brighter and the "hot pink" I was looking for.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 9

lol... You beat me to it! I was just going to suggest Wilton "rose". I used it on my last animal print cake for the hot pink and it did the trick. icon_wink.gif

chefandbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefandbaker Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 9

Ahh, Kger! sorry about not replying in time. I'm glad the wilton rose worked out. When I was playing with colors, the rose ended up too dark for me.. I'm much of an electric pink type for HK's clothing.
Besides, there's this gingham print that is at Michael's that I use to wrap the cake board with and it ends up matching almost perfectly! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%