Painting

Decorating By tink986201 Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 2:07pm by TexasSugar

tink986201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tink986201 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anybody has painted on a cake and if so what do you use? I've read vodka, lemon extract, and cocoa butter. What works the best? Also, where would one get cocoa butter?

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 5

You can get cocoa butter from online resources. I know I have seen it at chefrubber.com.

As far as what is best? That is all personal preference. My preference is airbrush colors. icon_smile.gif

LaWmn223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaWmn223 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 5

Ditto TexasSugar...I use airbrush colors straight from the bottle or regular Americolors mixed with vodka if I need a little more open time and everclear when I want it to dry immediatly. I use vodka or everclear because when you price it per ounce with lemon/vanilla extract it is much cheaper.

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 5

TexasSugar ... for painting do you use the airbrush paint directly with a brush?
It does not have to be mix with anything? Thank you in advance for your answer! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 5

I use it straight out of the bottle. It's already thinned down, and it dries really well.

I have an airbrush, but really I've used my airbrush colors more with paint brushes than I have with the actual airbrush. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%