How Much Do You Charge For Delivery Outside City Limits

Business By DALIG Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 1:15am by AmysCakesNCandies

DALIG Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 9

I live in a very small city surrounded for some relatively bigger ones and when the new law comes in effect i might get clients from those cities and if they want it delivered i have no problem with that but how much do you guys usually charge or how (per mile i guess) I know that the law said that you have to make the sale on your house but i read that they can mail the money to your house and than its ok that you deliver it, i will be delivering to them my self so i see no problem, right? so what do you guys think? i was thinking about $.50 per mile, would that be good.

thank you

8 replies
jason_kraft Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 9

We charge $1/minute based on the Google Maps travel time estimate.

gramof5 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 12:49am
post #3 of 9

Fifty cents per mile, round trip.

DALIG Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:32am
post #4 of 9

thank you guys for your posts, i will take in consideration both your quotes and i hope i can decide on a price. but jason_kraft do you do the $1/ min. round or just up until your destination. thank you again

jason_kraft Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:35am
post #5 of 9

$1/minute is round trip, minimum $20. We intentionally price delivery high to try to encourage pickups instead (except for multi-tier cakes, which are always delivered).

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:36am
post #6 of 9

I do $.55 per mile. I used the IRS mileage reimbursement rate, which is $.51, and then rounded it up to $.55 for my time (although it's definately worth more than four cents a mile! lol)

marag Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 9

Do you all then add a set up fee? If so, what do you charge? I'm needing to set up 150 cupcakes.

Thanks,
Mara

indydebi Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 1:01am
post #8 of 9

Here are a couple of other threads with recommendations:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-713491-milage.html+mileage
and
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-719155-milage.html+mileage

My basic advice is that you don't confuse what the IRS reimburses you compared to what you decide to charge for a delivery service. Those are two different things & the IRS rate is not a delivery rate 'limit', as I explain in both of the above links.

AmysCakesNCandies Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 1:15am
post #9 of 9

I do $25 per hr round trip, based on mapquest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%