Giant Cupcake Recipes In Uk Measures?

Baking By EvadneCake Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 10:23pm by EvadneCake

EvadneCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvadneCake Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this query so my apologies if it's wrong.
My husband has order a Giant Cup Cake tin for me today as a gift which I'm very excited about but a little concerned on what mix to use. I've had disasters with trying to upsize my normal sponge mix previously!
Does anyone have a fail safe recipe (pref in UK measures) that they could suggest please?
Many Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

3 replies
melonball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melonball Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 4

I fill mine with
8 eggs
16 oz flour
16oz sugar
16oz butter
Vanilla

Cream butter and sugar, slowly add egg then flour.

Grease tin very well!

Hope that helps

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 4

Not sure how much it holds but when I made mine I baked the bottom and top together. The top ended up overcooked and I didn't like that the bottom was browned on the edges (I usually using baking strips and line it with parchment paper so they aren't usually browned).

I would suggest baking the top and bottom separately, it's more work and washing up but it produces better cakes.

In the end, I chucked the bottom, redid the top and made a casing using candy melts. I then baked a couple of layers of 4" and 6" round and trimmed them so they would fit inside the casing. (I think it was 1 x 4" (1-1.5" high) and 2 x 6" (1-1.5" high)

This is how mine turned out: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2034440

EvadneCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvadneCake Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 4

Fabulous - thank you so much. It arrived today so will try it out over the week end Squeeeeee 'cited!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%